The Mission and Social Ministry Committee challenges our congregation to serve people in need. Efforts of the committee include:
- Collect and distribute food donations through the Pilgrim Food Pantry. This is done through donations of food by members of Pilgrim’s congregation and donations of funds. This Pilgrim Food Pantry is open to the community on Tuesdays from 12 Noon - 3:00 PM and Thursdays from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM. The First Sunday of every month is Food Sunday where we encourage our members to bring in food items for the pantry.
- Evaluate and recommend Mission Partners to the congregation to support financially. Each year we allocate about 10% of the offerings from Pilgrim’s congregation to support our Mission Partners.
- Recommend how special worship service offerings from Lent, Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas Eve will be designated.
- Provide financial assistance for individuals having trouble making utility or rent payments. These funds are part of our annual budget from the general fund.
- Organize the Starry Night display for the Christmas season where Pilgrim members select gifts to buy for families in need during the holiday season.
To learn more, please contact our Chair of Social Ministry, Dan Murphy at 317.605.7138 or .