The Mission and Social Ministry Committee challenges our congregation to serve people in need. Efforts of the committee include:
- In January 2017, Pilgrim changed our Food Pantry hours from open when the church office was staffed to set hours to provide more personalized service and ensure fair distribution. Since enacting these new procedures, Pilgrim saw a dramatic drop in utilization of the Food Pantry to the point where continuing to staff it was not a good use of resources. Pilgrim closed the Food Pantry in May, 2017.
- Evaluate and recommend Mission Partners to the congregation to support financially. Each year we allocate about 10% of the offerings from Pilgrim’s congregation to support our Mission Partners.
- Recommend how special worship service offerings from Lent, Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas Eve will be designated.
- Provide financial assistance for individuals having trouble making utility or rent payments. These funds are part of our annual budget from the general fund.
- Organize the Starry Night display for the Christmas season where Pilgrim members select gifts to buy for families in need during the holiday season.
To learn more, please contact our Chair of Social Ministry, Dan Murphy at 317.605.7138 or .