The Christian Education Committee, which is led by Pilgrim’s Education Director, supports and promotes the education ministry of Pilgrim’s Journey Together. The Committee’s charge is to expose, acquaint, and expand the congregation’s knowledge of the Bible and the life of Christ and His teachings. A variety of educational opportunities are open to congregational members and guests of all ages.
Opportunities in Christian education for adults:
- Sunday morning Bible classes (9:30 - 10:30 AM)
- MOM's Morning Bible Studies (9:15 - 10:00 AM, Thursday mornings during the Carmel School calendar)
- Mid-week Bible studies (as announced).
Opportunities for Christian education for our youth are available in several venues:
- Sunday School: Offered Sunday mornings from 9:30 - 10:30 from September through May for children ages 3 through college.
- Kids In Christ: We also offer education opportunities for our school-age youth on selected Fridays during the school year from 6:30 - 8:30 PM. Children in grades 1-6 attend Kids In Christ for experiences with Choir, Bible Class and Games or Craft activities. For more details, see our 2015 Fall Schedule.
- Vacation Bible School: Every summer, Pilgrim Lutheran offers a week-long Vacation Bible School (VBS) for children ages 4 – 6th grade. Children who are entering 7th grade or higher may volunteer as aids for VBS.
- Confirmation Classes: Children entering 7th grade begin a two-year course of study aimed at preparing them for confirmation in the Lutheran faith. Classes are held on Sunday mornings from 9:30 - 10:40 AM, September through May. There the Lutheran tradition comes alive as the children explore the Lutheran Catechism, Holy Scripture and the basic tenets of the Lutheran faith.
One of the main goals of our Christian Education program is to encourage lifelong learning. We encourage members of Pilgrim Congregation to be involved in educational opportunities in a variety of ways, as students, instructors and aids to instructors. New children and adults are always welcome. Any and all volunteers who are willing to teach or assist in our education program will be effusively welcomed. To learn more, contact our Director of Christian Education, Gloria Worth, at 317.846.2221 ext 1226 or .